From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:51:50 -0400
>A friend of mine has been studying herbalism for years and she mentioned
>that most household pets are driven off by various herbs

OH NO!  WHICH HERBS DRIVE OFF PETS!?

I know, just call me a smarty pants.  :-)

The only pest I have come in contact with is palmetto bugs.  Those great
big Florida cockroaches.  They don't "infest" like other roaches, but they
drop by every once in a while.  I don't have much problem with them b/c I
live on the second floor, but people on the lower floors or just houses
have problems with them coming in from the rain.  (Note: They don't infest.
They leave when the rain stops.)

I did have one get in one day.  My cat and two ferrets got real quiet and I
went in the livingroom to see what was going on.  The three of them were in
the livingroom playing 'paw hockey' with this huge ugly bug!  So, I freaked
out, got the toilet paper and flushed it.  I called every pest control
agency in our area looking for something, ANYTHING to take care of this
problem.  Everyone assured me that it was a one time thing and that they
only come in b/c of rain.  Sure enough, never saw another one until it
rained again.  But, only once more have they made it up to my apartment.

That last one that made it up here, was killed, tragically by the huge bug
eating cat monster.  The ferts were mad because they didn't get any hockey
in before the cat took care of him.  :-0 I wonder sometimes, when it gets
cloudy, if the cat and ferrets sit at the windows and go, "Here, little
buggy buggy.  Here, little buggy buggy.  <snicker>"

April and the four funky furballs of fabulous fun and sun...

P.S..  Go to my site and look at the "Ferret Man" and his cool picture.  I
am sure that some have seen it when I sent out notices that my website was
updated last, but I forgot to mention him.  (picture is at the ferret page.
OF COURSE!) http://www.geocities.com/~april_gallaty

    @-"-@
  (=^ ' ^=)
o00 -\o/- 00o