From:
Anje Duckels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2012 00:25:36 -0700
About 6 months ago our large family moved from Montana to TX and some
of you may remember that I did help some furr babies up there find
homes but since we were moving realized that Fort Worth (DFW in
general) probably had a ferret rescue and our new place was not going
to be suited for helping very much and I was right. Since we moved here
we have been ripped off for several thousand dollars by a landlord who
rented us a house that was condemned for occupation forcing us to move
again and no real way to recover the money we have spent. So we had to
move into a rather sad area of town with our last dollars and try to
make it on our own. In that time we lost 2 of our older ferrets and had
made some friends in the area that must have told someone they knew
about our ferrets because last week someone dropped off a box with 3
half dead ferrets in it. One was in death throws (died within hours but
was rocked and loved to the end), one clearly is suffering from adrenal
disease and the other is just thin and lacking in coat plushness. We
had to downsize and gave away a good bit of our supplies and cages away
before the move and only brought what we needed for our 3 and I am
hoping to save the ones that have come and offer them some chance at a
happy life considering they have been dumped and have suffered. I am
asking for help with any food and supplies to help these guys get back
on their feet and any help that can be offered for the guy who is sick
as I do not have cash right now for meds to help him be well. We hope
there are those out there that understand how much we want to buy them
everything but are struggling just to take care of ourselves and
realize there is likely shelters here locally that are overflowing as
it is. Even an older hammock not being used or maybe a bag of treats
your baby does not like would be a blessing to these two sweeties. Also
any suggestions for a ferret vet here in Fort Worth that would help for
very reduced cost would be great if anybody knows any. Thanks so much!

Anje Duckels