From:
"Miller,Dwayne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 14:35:19 -0400
Hi all,

Just to let you know we added two more ferrets to our bunch,

Sassy, a very small little girl who is a real scrapper.  <unnamed>,
another small girl who is very laid back and quite, both are sables
(light chocolate I think).

They are getting along nicely with our boys, George, Cinders, and Lick.

Question tho...

George is our smallest male, at maybe 5 pounds, Cinders is our big boy
at about 12 pounds.

Sassy and our other little girl, both weigh 3-4 pounds and are very very
small (lenght and barrel wise).

Is this natural for ferrets?  Having never had female ferrets before I dont
know, but the other girls I have seen were at least close to the size of
their male cagemates.

The two little girls we got have not had really good care, feed generic
adult cat food, and have not been out to play in 9 months (new baby + new
mom = no fun for fuzzies).  They are both undernorished, and coats are
rather thin, luckly no external parasites, and we well get them to a vet
soon for a check up.  They have settled in nicely and have a large cage
next to the boyz.  All five get to go outside and play in the outdoor cage
together.  (not for much longer tho... Ohio winter is coming fast).

Laters all...

--
Dwayne Miller
Kim Miller