From:
Andrea the Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 06:26:14 -0500
Hey folks-

Well, as an airline employee, I can tell you that most airlines probably
limit the number of pet carriers to each *plane* not each person.  What I
mean is: You can have three pets per plane maximum on the airline I work
for.  It can be the same owner for all three pets, or three different
owners.  But three is the maximum.  Now, I say three *carriers* because I
don't know if one carrier with three ferrets in it would really count as
three animals or as one.

THere is something interesting some of you might want to know: if you're
willing to risk carrying a ferret onto a plane for under-the-seat stowage
(on an airline that doesn't officially allow ferrets) you might get away
with it.  An employee on another airline told me once that she allowed
someone to travel with a ferret because if she didn't let them take it, then
SHE (the flight attendant) would have to actually take the ferret to her
hotel room that night!!  I guess you can always tape fabric over the
carrier's front and just tell people you have a nervous cat who can't be
disturbed...

Generally, though, I'd just travel on an airline that allows ferrets.  :)

---  [log in to unmask]  (Andrea M.) [log in to unmask]
         Ferret-children Juno, Ben, Hopi, Bean, and Whitman
        Sweet Dreams to my sweet angel-ferrets Frito and Kadi
  "So much depends upon a red Speedo / Covered  with rain" -David Duchovny
    "Underneath every cynical comedian, there is a hopeless romantic...
     waiting to be beaten to death by the cynical comedian..."  -Bill Spring