From:
chargrgrl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:51:31 -0700
Well, today I went to go volunteer for the Washington Humane Society by
help training the shelter dogs and I came home with more than I came
with.

They had a little girl ferret that had been turned into the shelter a few
days ago by a gentleman that said he found her in his garage.  They asked
me if I would take her and of course how could I say no.  She is young
and a VERy bad biter, but that is fixable.  She also is not a Marshall
Farmms fuzzie.  The problem I need to address ASAP though is she is
COVERED with SO many baby ticks.  It is the most disturbing things I have
ever seen.

I took her home immedaitly tonight and gave her a bath with ferret flea
and tick shampoo, then I put some mineral oil on a few spots where a
mass of them were at around her neck and chin.  I heard mineral oil will
suffocate them, is that true?

I need to know what is the safest and most effective way to get these off
of her.  They are too little and too many to pick off indivually.  So I
need a product and a good regement to get rid of these nasty things.

I need your advice ASAP!!  You can email me at [log in to unmask]

She is in a seperate room from my other crew because she needs to be
ADV tested and get vaccinations of course, but in the time being I just
want to get her comfortable.  I could not imagine what that would feel
like...YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!!!

Monica & The Fuzzy Bunch
Ferrets: Cloe, Zoe, Tonka, Ashtin, Baby Simone, Inky, Dinky, Maggie,
Petey, Giddieon and Lexxie
Plus 2 katty kats: Aireal and Duece
Never Forgetting My Ferrets with Wings