From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 05:24:14 -0400
Sarah Senior Reporter
March 2012

Sarah Here: Well I will be doing the news for the first time all by
myself -- I miss my advisor Possum. On 02-13-12 -- Possum left us
for Rainbow Bridge -- all the messages that came in are here
www.ferretfarm.org
I am not so sure I can do this on my own. I need help!

Mum here: Sarah the reason Possum and I chose you to do the news was
because you fit very nicely into Possums paws, you have her spirit, her
spunk, her tenacity, her energy. You will do Possum proud; I know we
made the correct choice. The new fur kid Daisy is a lot like Suzie Q
maybe we can see if she wants to help with the news. You get this
months news done we will work on getting you some help for next month.

Sarah Here: oh okay, I really do not want to do the news right now but
mum says it needs to get done the month is 1/2 over. I got this message
from Miss Alex N. her mom helped her write it --

Sarah, mom wanted me to tell you I know where you can get that cotton
candy stuff for mum if she ever needs some more. See we go to Chuck E
Cheese to play and they have big bags of it there. Alex

Wow another source for cotton candy for mum, how cool is that? Miss
Priscilla Scardy Cat's far away mom sent mum some this week. Miss
Jackie is M.I.A. again, where are you Miss Jackie we miss you! Mum
says maybe she will pop up again when the weather gets warmer; Miss
Jackie is just like mum she hates the cold!

Miss Marcia, Daisy's far away mom came to help -- she and mum got every
play area picked up -- papers changed -- food stations freshened --
nails clipped if needed -- Miss Marcia helped mum get some coroplast on
the bottom 1/2 of the FN cage in the playroom -- that is where little
Nora was going to stay while at camp -- Mum wanted to fix it so the
other kids could not pester her if they had a mind too.

Miss Marcia left about 3 that afternoon, little Nora came in shortly
after -- mum got us kids put away -- meds done and cages cleaned after
Nora's mom Miss Victoria left -- Nora's mom was having separation
anxiety; that was the first time she had left little Nora with anyone,
but little Nora did great at camp and since our mum had that week off
Nora was able to write daily camp letters to her mom. This was Nora's
was first visit to camp -- boy she had fun, mum taught her how to like
soup and treats, and all kinds of things. She is a hisser she would
hiss at mum when she was ready for her N-bone treat. Mum just laughed
and laughed at her.

Oh yeah mum wants me to remind you that you can still get IFC Arizona
symposium shirts -- there are a few left. There are Goody Bags left
too. Then there are the Globe T-shirts that are available. You can
find out what they look like, and how much they cost here
http://ferretcongress.org/Merchandise.html

Because mum was so sick over Christmas she did not get her present to
Miss Loana and Miss Mindy done, dinner and a movie day -- so they did
it over February break, Mum makes them a scratch meal and they were
gong to watch a special movie only Netflix took it off the streaming
list the day before. Miss Brie made a surprise visit and joined them
too.

After dinner mum and the ladies visited for a while then Miss Mindy and
Miss Brie went back to the finish the closet that mum stores our food
in -- Miss Brie started hoeing it out before Miss Mindy got here and
the two of them finished it -- well they are coming back to complete it
with bins on wheels so all the unmixed food is in containers -- and mum
can move it around. Mum keeps our mixed food in 5 gal pails. The mice
were having a party in there -- it looks great -- and mum can actually
walk into the closet now! Way to go ladies! You got mum to do the happy
dance.

IGive --sent us a check for $40.47 thanks you guys for helping mum take
care of us though iGive. Miss Mindy came the next day to help mum work
in the room mum keeps the food she cans each year in, to get it cleaned
out - there is a still a ton of work to be done in there -- but mum
and Miss Mindy got the jelly cupboard stripped -- vacuumed and washed
down -- jellies and jams put back in it -- man did mum and Mindy come
up stairs dirty when they were done.

Miss Donna Dancer's far away mom and Miss Cindy came in the next day --
Mum was planning the last big dinner before going back to work. Mum
lives off left over's and fast and easy to fix gluten free foods when
she is working. Mum made chicken Alfrado -- Miss Cindy had to leave
before mum had dinner done, mum asked Miss Cindy to stay but she needed
to be back to Bristol Mountain to pick up Mathew.

Mum got a surprise visit from Miss Cindy two weeks in a row -- Miss
Shaylyn came to help for the first time, she is 10 yrs old, she loves
ferrets so she begged her mom to bring her here to see us, she is now
coming to help mum take care of us. Mum knew Shaylyn was going to
come -- she is a good worker -- she is a bit timid around us ferrets
but she will come around when she realizes we are just trying to get
her to play with us. Shaylyn kept telling mum how organized we were --
a 10 yr old impressed with organization -- pretty cool, hey maybe she
would help me with the news letter?

Little Nora went home with her mom after a 2 week stay -- Miss
Victoria stuck around for a bit to help -- Miss Donna came in shortly
after that -- Miss Donna got the play areas done that Miss Cindy was
unable to finish -- Miss Donna also made dinner for her and Mum --
salmon, raw fries w/garlic, onion powder and something else on them --
bakes them in the oven on a cookie sheet mum says they were awesome
but she will not share with me --

Wow 274 of you looked at our picture site
http://community.webshots.com/user/lakeroad2
mum is a bit behind getting new pictures on there.

Mum had a special run to make so Miss Mindy came to stay with us while
mum was out she did not get home until 5 so Miss Mindy helped mum get
us kids settled and meds done before leaving -- Miss Mindy got the our
porch set up so we can start using it as when the weather allows! We
love playing on the porch.

We finally heard from the IRS

The shelter is now a Charitable Non-profit Organization; mum got the
letter from the IRS yesterday! Is that weasel dancing news or what?
Mum and I have been dancing the happy dance since the letter was pulled
from our PO Box Three major benefits:
1. all future donations to the shelter are tax deductible for the
donor;
2. the shelter is eligible to apply for grants that require charitable
non-profit status from granting groups;
3. The shelter is eligible to apply for NY sales tax exemption for all
its expenses.

Thank you Miss Kathy Titch's far away mom for putting up with our mum
and the board to get this done! You all rock!

The last thing I want to report is our clinic day is set for June 9th
if you want to know more you can go here
http://www.ferretfarm.org/Ferrets_Only_Clinic_2012.htm
you are welcome to
stop in and join the fun even if you do not need to see our favorite
doc.

So for this month I will say farewell my cyber friends

Sarah
missing Possum

Newest Shelter Video
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0GEYL02fnU>