From:
Jo Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:33:59 EST
Hi all!

I've been going to the same Animal Hospital (Mesa Veterinary Hospital)
since Monkey was only a few months old (she's 4 years old now) and have
had 2 different vet's involved in her care.  One of them recently left and
the other is starting his own mobile practice and isn't available much at
the hospital and will be leaving by the end of the month, if not sooner.
The emergency veterinarian seems OK, but not an exotics DVM.  The new DVM
to come into the practice for exotics seems so distance and doesn't
really come across like he cares about my fuzzy angels.  He's so cold!!!
Especially when I try and discuss with him alternates to Monkey getting the
Rabies and Distemper shots -- she had an allergic reaction and it's unknown
which caused it.  My heart breaks every time she needs a vaccine because
she gets so many shots at the same time to prevent the allergic reaction
again and she screams and cries and looses bowel and bladder contents and
then when we get home she wants nothing to do with me for making her go
through this, not to mention that the stress causes a flair up of her ECE
which leads to yukkie poops (you know the green mucoid smelly kind).

I contemplate not getting the shots anymore, but fear what would happen
then .......

Please email me at [log in to unmask] as I am not always able to read the
FML due it being emailed in different formats, one of which I cannot
download or open the attached file.

[Moderator's note: It is always mailed in the exactly same format, but
depending on its length CompuServe (and AOL) often will have it appear
as an attachment.  BIG]

Thanks for the help

Jo & The Furry Carpet Cruzers: Monkey (Shots Mommie!?!  Is it that time
again!?!  I'm hiding under/in anything I can so you can't find me, I'm not
going, I refuse!) Taz (Glad it's you and not me) Lil'Bear (Yeah!  Catch me
if you can ....... <blurred white fur zips by>)