From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:20:04 -0400
The Maryland primaries are next week.

Diane Lee Nixon is running for the Maryland House of Delegates in
District 20, which covers all of Takoma Park, a large part of Silver
Spring, White Oak, and Colesville.  This election will probably be
decided in the Primary on September 12, so don't wait until the General
election to vote, or it may be too late.

Even if you don't live in District 20, you can help by handing out her
literature in her district and at the polls on September 12.  You can
contact Diane at [log in to unmask] or call her at 301 434-5944.

Diane has worked on legislation to protect animals from abuse for twenty
years.  She has a long list of accomplishments including making animal
cruelty a felony in Maryland and banning the continuous chaining of dogs
in Montgomery County.

I have emailed Diane Nixon and forwarded her the Ferret Protection Act
link as well as other info, including the newspaper piece by the
Frederick News Post which basically said that some of the legislators
and all of the press corps laugh at us and our bill (nice, eh?).

If you're not in district 20 (and I'm sure most of your Marylanders
are not) find out who is running in your district and which of those
candidates support legislation to help animals.

I'd love to see some of the windbags that don't listen to us voted out
of office.

PLEASE VOTE NEXT WEEK!!!