From:
Denise Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 23:46:41 -0700
Wow. Gotta love & appreciate all you guys. It thrills my heart to hear
other shelter moms and dads tell stories about humans and having to
surrender their fuzzy family members. It just confirms what we do here
at Denise's Delightful Dookers Ferret Rescue.

I have told our volunteers not to dwell emotionally on the people who
can't give the ferret to us and get out fast enough or have "excuses" -
by the way, an excuse is a reason stuffed with a lie. Our energies have
to be in helping the fuzzies and ya can't do it and be emotionally
tied to "uneducated" hoomans. The ferret needs physical and emotional
stability and we are it....so focus on the ferret. (Our volunteers will
vent of course and say a few choice words but will go on taking care of
the ferret....lolol)

I too have had precious hoomans that have had to give up their ferrets
due to cancer, financial hardship due to health issues, allergy related
asthma (they had to give up all of their animals), and a lady that was
in tears because her body developed an allergy to the ferret -- her
face and eyes were swollen, red and distorted -- she would have kept
the ferret if all she had to do was get a shot, but this wasn't the
case. She hugged me and bawled. Yes, I hurt for these people, keep in
touch with them and let them know when their fuzzy is adopted. They
are so thankful when information is given to them.

I think we all have had these feelings of anger, wanting to cage the
"uncaring" hooman, wanting to slap the hooman that knows it all and yet
is surrendering the ferret, but ya know.....when one of those ferrets
looks at me and kisses me on the face, I melt and am sure glad I have
been given the opportunity to love, care, provide adequate living
conditions and vet care so they can be adopted to a loving hooman
family or provide medical care for those with major health issues and
a place to live their lives out it they are not fostered. What a
privilege, and God given responsibility we have been allowed to share
with so many ferrets. What a thrill. What's in a number when a ferret
shows improvement, love and does that wonderful "dance of joy". My
heart soars.

God's richest blessings on all who love and give of themselves so
ferrets are protected.

Have a 'ferret' day. denise
253-797-9115 Shelter Phone
www.washingtonferretdelights.org