From:
"Lisa Leidig - The Ferret Haven \"By-the-Sea\"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:26:55 EDT
Hi everyone

While preparing for PetsMart, I had three of my ferrets running loose,
Morticia, Diana and Buster.  Romping through the house, playing, and
begging while I am trying to put together my information packets <grin>
Ferrets are such helps - "Hey, that's in order, let me muss it up for you"
or "Oooh look!  A neat stack of papers - let me smell *every* one".

Then, I notice Diana, running backwards with a sock tucked underneath - and
into the tubes she dashes.  (We have multiple 4" corrugated plastic tubes
running behind our entertainment system).  A little while later, I see
Morticia doing the same thing......and then Diana again.......and then
Morticia....about a half hour or so later, Diana and Tish both disappear.
Buster is still happily running around, but no Tish, no Diana.  Intrigued,
I stop what I'm doing and get out a flashlight - and look into the tubes.
Morticia has made a nest out of socks in the tube!  I coax her out, and
still can't see through the tubes and shine the flashlight back inside -
and there is Diana, with another nest of socks!  Little red eyes shining
in the light, surrounded by socks....must be heaven on earth for a
ferret....<grin>

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
URL:http://www.kozykingdom.com/ferrethaven
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854