From:
"Diane E. Emery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 08:25:22 +0100
Hello there. In reading the FML from a couple days ago, someone mentioned
that Texas is under a rabies quarenteen. Could someone elaborate on this?
Rocket (our ~1yr old sable male)is not vaccinated against rabies (as per
VET'S suggestion). She does not believe in rabies vaccines for ferrets who
are the only animal of the house and have litterally no chance of coming in
contact with the disease. I am going to question her on this point when I
bring him in for his checkup in a month or two. Friends of ours have the
same vet and their ferret is also unvaccinated. I am a bit worried and
wonder if I should ask her to vaccinate him despite her opinion. Anyone
have any suggestions? Also, I understand that there are a number of types
of vaccines, anyone have an idea as to the best one? Thanks for all the
help.

Diane and Rocket (momma, I dont think I need another shot! REALLY!)