Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 00:24:38 -0500
Hi all.  First and foremost, let me say to all those with sick or
"missing" fuzzies, that you all are in my prayers and while I know that
God can't answer all prayers that say, "please don't let my furrie
die" - I hope you all know that I am praying hard for you all.

On to the bad news.  If you remember, I just lost Helena, due to a
veterinary "error" - of an overdose of morphine.  The necropsy showed
that is what killed her.  It also showed us that what VCA was saying to
us - was extremely exaggerated - and if I had not brought Helena there,
she would still be alive today.

Well, I lit up the VCA's world like the 4th of July, here abouts 2 weeks
ago.  It is a long story - and I will share it with you all, just not
today.  Today, I need your prayers and advice more than ever - and yes,
I am willing to beg, if needed.

Artemus - my "big albino retard" (and I say that in a nice way) - is the
2nd one of my kids, inside a month, to take sick.  Yesterday evening,
after I came home from work, I noticed that Artemus, was really "draggin
fanny".  Then later in the evening, I found some "poo" - that looked like
it had blood in it.  Clinics all closed when I found this - so I did the
"up all night" panic routine, due to the fact that I learned the hard
way with Helena - that "not pan icking" when our babies get sick is the
WRONG approach.  I called the office as soon as it opened this AM - and
they said: get him in, immediately.  She ran some blood and fecal tests,
and it is not good news.  He was so severly anemic - that she was
suprised he was alive.  I guess the "count" or whatever, is supposed to
be around 40 (something to do with red blood cells).  Arte's count?  9.
Yes, I said 9.  She told me that death, is at 7 - so I guess I am in that
damned "race for time" again.  She did the blood work right there for
this - and immediately said that he had to be transfused.  She asked if I
would consider letting either Ricky (a.ka. Romulus), or Sir Vin Dweezil
(a.k.a. Hercules) donate.  I said I would donate, the dog would donate,
the cats would donate - and YES the fuzzies will too.  Unfortunately,
the only ones that would "work" would be the ferts.......so.....we
IMMEDIATELY went to work on this.  She wiped away HER fee - and dropped
the price of what this would all cost - down to 300.00.  AND she allowed
me to make payments (I haven't a pot to p*** in, nary a window to throw
it out.....) so that I could afford the treatment for him.  Worse, I
can't afford the "total package" of blood tests - due to financial
constraints.  It is another $100.00.  And after Helena, I just don't have
the cash to do it, so we are trying the "blanket cover".  By that I mean
she is treating him on a broad basis - hitting all the "important" thngs,
that could be causing this.  Remember it cost me $520.00 for Helena, just
3 weeks ago.......so I am so grateful to her that she did that for me.

Anyhow, I left Arte with her, and dashed home, running several people
off the road and eliciting more than my fair share of "cusses at me" -
to get the other kids.  I must made record time, because by the time I
got back to her (7 or 8 miles, give or take one) - in 25 minutes, flat,
the other vets were amazed.  I was "pounding" the vet for information,
like : could this be a "passed around" thing - given that Helena was so
sick?  She said no - brought out her paperwork and explained it all to
me.  I was wondering if it was MY fault - if he was sick because I didn't
"separate" them, when Helena took sick.  She did allay those fears
thankfully.  If the "blanket bandaid" doesn't work, I hope by then to
have figured a way to get the money.  I do have "pawnable" things I
guess...So anyways, back to the story.

After arriving w/other fuzzlets in tow - Arte was immediately transfused,
and now we play the "waiting" game.  I have heard that once a fuzzie gets
that anemic, chances of him coming back are very small.  He was, however,
still "active" - meaning he wasn't "lethargiced out" - or anything like
that.  The vet and other techs there said they haven't seen a kid with
such a low count - with so much energy.  I figured out that the only
reason I even knew anything was wrong with him - was because I noticed
his eyes, were kinda "half-mast".  I am still so "wrung out" from Helena,
that I can't see straight.  And I can't understand why God would let this
happen to us.  Not so soon.  I wondered if maybe Helena is lonely, and is
calling him......(ok, I'm not THAT crazy, it is just I would rather THAT
be the reason, than anything else......)....I don't know.  All I know is
that I have a really sick baby again, and I am about to lose my mind.  I
am not so stupid, that I don't know that alot of you have been in similar
situations though.  And I know I am not the first one to go thru this
stuff, so please accept my "selfishness" right now.  This so sucks, I
mean, Jeez Louise - not to another of my little fuzzlets.  Arte is only
3.5 yrs. old.  Some where in my youthful childhood, I must've done
something......not good.....

I have babbled on enough.  I apologize for the length of this post.
Please everyone, if I ask one more time for everyone's prayers.  I don't
know if this transfusion will "take" - but I think if we ALL pray real
hard, maybe God will give us this chance to help "fix" him.

So - in closing all, may the Lord shine upon you and yours, so that you
may have many more happy memories with your babies, and may he also help
soothe your heartbreak, to those who have lost, and or are losing their
babies.  I add you all to my prayers, and ask that you add us to yours.
Thank you again, everyone.

Kim and her Army of Idiots,
Helena (Rainbow Bridge Resident), Ricky (a.ka. Romulus) Artemus (a.k.a
uhmmmmm......) and finally our own Sir Vin Dweezil (a.k.a.  Hercules) In
case any of you are wondering my husband has a fetish I guess - for Greek
Mythology names.....and I have a need for NORMALCY around these kids....

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what I
want.....