From:
"Brown, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 09:27:15 -0400
Hi all.

Two questions

1. Cutting Nails
My ferts used to let me cut their nails if I put some Ferretone on a dish in
front of them.  They'd lap at the treat, and I could cut away.  Lately,
they've both decided that I can't do that.  They're both wise to that trick
now.  Plus, they are more active than they used to be (even though they are
_much_ larger).  Any suggestions?  Their nails are getting quite long, and I
don't have the luxury of having a second set of hands around the apartment.

2. Stinky!
I have had two fixed and descented ferts (Penny and Sandy) since June.  I've
read a bunch of stuff about stinky ferrets on this list before.  They've
always had they typical ferret odor (which isn't bad at all once you get
used to it), but now, they are getting much stinkier.  I haven't changed
diet on them.  I clean the litter box every day, and change the bedding
every other day.  The only thing that has changed is their coat (lighter
now) and their weight (fatter now!).  Any ideas?  I only bathe them once a
month or so now, since that would only make matters worse.

TIA

Pete (Penny and Sandy)

Peter M. Brown                          Phone : (301) 489-1045
Applied Information Sciences, Inc.              Fax :   (301) 489-1020
7501 Greenway Center Drive, 6th Floor           [log in to unmask]
Greenbelt, MD 20770                     http://www.aisdevnet.com
Personal :      http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pbrown/