Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:14:16 +0100
I need help!!  My 4 and a half year old little girl, Isabelle, has been
diagnosed with corticalcarcinoma (adrenal tumor that's malignant).  She
has had her left adrenal gland and funny-looking spleen removed.  There
has been blood vessel invasion and some of the tumor could not be removed
as it is on her aortic wall.  She acts perfectly normal and only has a
bit of hair loss on her rump and the base of her tail.  However, since we
have moved to the UK, it has been extremely difficult finding experienced
vets.  I would like to know what the next step is (as the ones we've seen
don't seem to know) and if anything will help my baby.  Melatonin has
been mentioned to me, but I don't know how that relates to this disease.
Her right adrenal looked strange and is enlarged, but he didn't do the
partial adrenalectomy as planned because he was afraid the whole gland
would shut down.  Is this not what Lupron is for?  Our regular vet (the
surgeon was referred to us) has never heard of Lupron, so this has me
super worried (perhaps it's sold here under a different name).  Does
anyone have advice?  Does anyone know what medications are available in
the UK?

Thank you so much!

elizabeth
Isabelle and Oscar (the Yanks) and Antonio (the Brit)