From:
Marta Towne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 09:12:55 -0500
>From:    "K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: no pets allowed cont.

I wonder about something, ,ost dorms do not allow children either, would
you have written the same letter if she was talking about having to leave
her human child instead of her fuzzy child?

I fully support your not wanting to abandon your ferret, you undertook a
great responsibility when you became your ferrets lifemate.  Have you
looked into other colleges?  There are some that have a type of student
housing in campus that is more similar to an apartment than a dorm.  What
about putting up a note for a room to rent in a ferret lovers house?

If all else fails, what about a community college near your house for the
first year?  Then you could live at home and get some of your GE out of the
way and still get a job to save money for an apartment.

I also resent people thinking it does not matter if you have to leave your
ferret, they would be outraged if you were having to make a choice between
your human child and your education.  If there is anything I can do, or
you just need someone to talk to, I would love to hear from you!

Marta Towne
Lhasa Apso Rescue of Arkansas
Fuzzy Kisses Ferret Shelter
www.lhasas.org www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/4823