Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:13:51 -0400
Hello, once again!

I have been thinking of posting this for a while and am finally getting
to it.  I want to thank the person, whoever it was, who first mentioned
using heavy cream to hide meds.  It was here on the FML, but I'm afraid
I don't remember who it was.  Whoever you are, Thank you!  Thank you!
I have 3 kids on pred and another on a round of antibiotics right now.
They all take their meds with absolute glee when it's mixed in heavy
cream.  They love it!  Of course, my 4th pred kid doesn't like the cream,
but there has to be one in every bunch, no?  (She gets hers hidden in
chicken baby food!)

I'd also like to apologize to Nancy for the bounced email and thank BIG
for forwarding the message.  We had work done on the server and the mail
program has been acting up since then.  My sys-admin has been working
diligently to get everything right.  Some mail did get through yesterday,
but for some reason Nancy's must not have.  Hopefully it's good to go now
and there won't be further problems.

Just a note, for anyone who remembers when both Nancy and I were going
through troubles with Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis (EE, EG or EGE
depending on who you talk to).  My Christopher has been doing well on
a low dose of pred and a diet of ProPlan Turkey Barley Cat Food.  He's
had a couple of relapses caused by eating a piece of carpet fluff and
by snacking on the other ferrets' chicken-based food, but overall you
wouldn't know he was the same ferret who was at death's door.  He's a
great example of how resilient these little guys are.

Happy days to all!

Anastasia Kidd

"Stay good!" -Kiki, Sluggy Freelance (Worship the Comic!)