From:
Paige Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 04:57:05 -0800
Hope everyone had a week filled with small smiles, here are a couple from
my last visit to the Ferret Aid Society.

Arwen showed me a new trick.  She has advanced from standing on her hind
legs to get the treat, she can now walk 4 steps before falling back down.
Needless to say she was getting lots of treats to give her the chance to
show off.

I turned my back for 1 minute on Pistachio and Soda and they pulled a
coordinated disappearing act.  Only to find them 5 minutes later by the
dooking.  They had scaled the hanging laundry bag in the closet and
were bouncing around in the newly found hanging trampoline.

Barbie was in such a great mood she actually ran the entire length of the
ferret room and took a flying leap to land in my lap for more tickling.
Not bad for a girl with spinal damage that has a difficult time
coordinating her movements after a period of rest.

My biggest smile of the week is Dee.  Our little girl who had surgery for
cancer in the ovaries is starting to grow a brand new coat of fur.  She
went from a pink fuzzies with a few tuffs of hair to this little fuzzy
peach who likes not more than coming to your lap for an extended scritch
to help with the itch of new fur growing.  Fuzzy ferrets are soo cute!

Until next week, hope the smiles catch you
Auntie Paige
Ferret Aid Society
www.ferretaid.org