From:
Tracie SMITH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:50:38 -0500
Hello,
I think that my apartment is firly ferretproof, but there is one place I
cannot keep them away from...the coffeetable!  They insist on investigating
it everytime I leave the room, and always receive timeouts for it, but
nothing works.  Any ideas on making the coffeetable a less appealing piece
of furniture.  They always spill the unsuspecting beverages....and I
wouldn't want them to burn themselves with hot coffee.

My oldest ferret Molly is having adrenal surgery as I type.  She is strong
and otherwise happy, but has had the runs for a few weeks off and on (the
vet is looking into that as well).  I just wanted to say that Dr. Hertel in
Houston is so wonderful with Molly.  You know you have a ferret lover on
your hands when...she walks into the room and greets Molly with noozles and
kisses before she greets me.  We had some scheduling conflicts with her
surgery and Dr. Hertel offered to take Molly home for the night instead of
leaving her at the office(she has 2 ferrets of her own, plus extra cages
because her mom runs a shelter).  I was so happy to know that she was in
caring and highly capable hands.  It is so amazing how ferret people will
go out of their way to help each other!

I read in the Ferret FAQ on ferretcentral.org that Dallas, TX is a FFZ,
does anyone know if this is true, and if it applies to the ferrets
attending the Ferret Olympics there on the 26th?

One last comment...I think my ferret Emily smells like Lilacs...anyone else
notice this or is it her own personalize perfume?

Good Luck to all and please say a prayer for my Molly's operation.
Tracie
Molly & Emily
home email: [log in to unmask]