From:
Cynthia Shook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2001 23:40:02 -0700
Ok, this is probably one of the hardest and worst things I have ever had
to do.  I need to find a good home for my 3 babies.

My story begins about 3 or 4 yrs ago when we moved into a rent house.  One
morning we heard a "knocking" on the door and when my husband went to open
it, this long fuzzy thing ran in.  The poor baby was covered with fleas to
the point of being anemic and was very hungry.  I had no idea how to take
care of this little bundle and immediately got on the internet.  Well,
"Bubba Weedeater" has been a darling.  We nursed him back to health and he
has never bitten one of us.  He loves to rough house but it is so sweet to
see him when my grandmother picks him up.  She has Parkinson's and Dementia
and is like a child in many ways.  When she picks him up, he lays very
quietly while she pets him and he gives her kisses.

Well, after getting on the internet and finding out about that thing called
"Ferret Math".  I laughed and swore it would never happen.  Soon after
that, you guessed it, we bought "littlebit" from Petco.  A more loving
ferret you would never find.  Even after his name became "Goliath".

The third one was also adopted from Petco.  A lonely little albino that
stole our hearts.  "Baby" is a lot more active and rough house ready but
again has never bitten and loves to be snuggled.

The problem is now, my husband is gong to have to have back surgery for an
on-the-job injury.  I was laid off my job in January.  Plus, I have some
major problems with my 14 yr old son.  My poor babies are only getting out
of their cage about an hour a day for run-time when it used to be several
hours at a time each day.  I feel so bad and I cry every time I let them
out.  I never counted on our lives taking such drastic turn for the worse.

On their Health, Bubba I believe is insulnomic.  He has the tell-tale hair
loss but I don't have the heart to put him through the trauma of surgery.
He is happy, war dances and kisses like no tomorrow so I felt that I would
let him have "Quality of Life" and when his time came to help him over
the bridge.  The other two are hale and hearty.  I have read so much about
reactions to shots here lately that I did not get them shots this year.
They are not allowed outside unless we are with them and love to "own" my
house.

I want my babies to go to a home together.  They have always been together.
I will throw in their cage, water bottle, food dish and their "towel" and
hammock.  They are used to eating IAMS kitten food mixed with Totally
Ferret.  They love honeycombs for treats.

If you are interested, I live about 50 miles South of Houston Tx.  Please
e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

If no one is interested, Please don't worry, I am not about to dump them.
They will continue to get the love that I have always given them and I will
try hard to work in more outside play time for them.  Who knows, maybe
things will look up here soon and I will want to keep my babies.

Thanks (with tears in my eyes)
Cindy