From:
Anje Duckels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:37:34 -0700
Those of you sweet souls who help so many, in anguish I ask you to help
a few more. My ferret family is suffering and I need find a way to make
it right. Last year my husband lost his job and after months looking
had to take one that pays half of what the old one did and I had to
scale back the ferrets I was able to help. At that time I had a decent
stockpile of donated food in all sorts of brands so I mixed all
together and the ferrets loved it for variety and maintained good body
weight and health. About 2 months ago I ran out of stockpile and due to
our finances being low and a few ferrets who needed vet care when they
came to me (with no food) I had to buy some cheap ferret food locally.
This was the only food I could afford and did not think any real bad
would happen while we wait to move to an area with more available
without shipping. I was WRONG my beauties have gone from fat and happy
to thin and weak and I do not know how to fix them and have no money
to if I did. I have not had any donations in more then a year and need
help to find and obtain some better quality food and supplements to
help them. Despite the volume of this cheap food they eat they continue
to do poorly and the vet said it was all about food for them and I had
to find a new brand. I do not know if anyone has extra laying around
they could send or a weight gainer I could offer them to help them but
at this point I am begging for help for my sweeties. They will not eat
meat or anything from the kitchen that I have tried but I am open to
any suggestions.

Anje @ Naries House