From:
steve austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:29:12 -0400
I have been reading so many posts about people who are giving up their
ferrets because of no time.  This is disturbing and I am not sure if this
is just an excuse, but I can't imagine that this is the case.  Even if you
have a new baby, or extra hours at work.  I was just wondering if people
couldn't post to tell how they find the time.  I suggest making a ferret
proofed area, a small bedroom, or using those plexiglass, or make a
partition..  let them run around while you are showering, dressing, eating,
then put them in the cage until after work.  Take them out again while you
are eating dinner, reading the paper.  I don't think they need 1-2 hours a
day of your undivided attention, especially if you have 2, usually after
1/2 to 1 hour mine find their beds and take a nap.  It would be nice to
spend more time, but unless you can find a nice home for them, why not try
this?  I am sure there are more excuses out there, and they are just being
nice instead of saying I don't want to be bothered anymore.  I hope all the
ferret posted find new homes, but I know there are too many in shelters
already.

Patty
Maybe someone can start a ferret daycamp- like they have for dogs.  LOL.