From:
"Petal D. Lavallee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:29:34 EDT
Hi all.
Well, it was bound to happen.  I mean doesn't it happen to most ferret
slaves?  Isn't it like chicken pox or measles, everybody gets it?  Is any
hooman safe from it?  I know there must be a vaccine to prevent it.  And to
think I always thought it would strike me first.  But alas no it is hitting
my husband.  Ferret math!

It all started this weekend.  We were camping in New York just over the CT
border, we were happy, the ferts were real happy!  They had to sleep in the
carrier at night but the rest of the time they were on their leads staked
next to this really neat bank of DIRT.  Yep real honest to goodness dirt.
Well, how many holes can a Fert dig?  The question remains unanswered.
They were so cute they wanted to be everywhere.  Up the hill under the hill
on the hill it was too much.  Well, thats when my husband started to look
strange.  He did not have a temp, no belly ache etc.  Then he started
talking to HOBBS.  "You know," he said sadly,"there are ferts out there in
the world who don't get to go camping." At this Hobbs just looked at him,
shook loosed dirt from his coat and went back into his hole, he was busy
after all.  Thats when my husband looked at me and said "we have to get
another one." Ferret Math.  That insidious stalker of innocent Fert hoomans.
(I believe it is caused by some chemical used by members of the FLO to help
them infiltrate unsuspecting Fert houses.) So here I am getting ready to
call Loraine at the Frisky Ferret Shelter to talk about a new addition.  And
to think it has only been a month since the first two got here.

Petal (the mom)
Joe (the stricken Dad)
Calvin (if I just sit here and look sweet can I have more Ferretone?)
Hobbs ( ok I really won't bite the toes this time really I won't )