From:
Rosie Maronese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:36:34 -0500
Dear Sandee:

I am so sorry that I have only been a lurker for such a long time now
and don't post except on sad occasions.....well, this is one of those
times again.  There are so many of you who may not know me because you
are new members and there may be some old members who may remember me...
I am writing this to you with tears in my eyes and a very sad and heavy
heart......we have just lost another of our precious little ones earlier
today.....I am at such a loss for words and not myself right now, so bare
with me in case something doesn't sound right.  Our precious baby boy
Friz would have been a year old on November 24, 2003.....his story.

Friz came to live with us approximately 3 months ago (August of this
year).....we live in a small isolated town and every once in a while one
of us has to go out of town for medical reasons.....I have been very ill
this year and was going for treatments once every six months.....well
during my second treatment we went and stopped in at the Super Pet store
in Thunder Bay which is where we go for our medical stuff....it's about
1/4 of the size of Toronto (small city) anyway....we have come to know
the girls that work there in the small pet department and whenever we
go to T.B.  we always stop in to see if there are any fuzzies there and
to get our fuzzy fix while we are away from home.....the one girl there
apparently thought of us first because she knew we had 8 fuzzies and
she asked if we would be willing to take her two babies and without
hesitation we said yes and that we were honoured and thrilled that she
would think of us.....she knows how much we love and care for our fuzzies
and that her two would be going to a loving and caring home.....well,
I had explained to her briefly about my situation and that I would be
coming in every month so she said that she would wait until my August
treatment before parting with Friz so we said that would be fine
because I know how hard it is to let go and give them up under certain
circumstances....her situation was that she was going off to College
and her parents didn't want to take care of them and she was going to
be real busy at work, working a lot of hours so she could help put
herself through College and she wouldn't have much time for her two
babies....well one of her babies was about 8 years old and sadly enough
he passed away about two weeks before our trip in August when we were
going to pick him and Friz up.....she also felt that since we had so many
fuzzies that he would be happy because he was such a bouncy little fuzzy
and wanted to play but her older one Pong just laid there most of the
time and wasn't much for playing.....well in my heart I believe he was
happy with us even though it was for a very short time.....he learned how
to be a fuzzy....he never knew how to drink out of a water bottle and he
started doing so well, mind you we still had a dish with water in the
cage at all times so if for some reason he couldn't get water from the
bottle the dish was always filled with fresh water for him and the others
in his cage......he also learned how to jump for example from the couch
to the table and to climb.....he was also a big boy so I'm sure his
weight didn't help either but don't get me wrong he was big but a very
healthy boy.....he never ever once bit anyone....he was so gentle and
loved to have his head scratched and his big belly rubbed.....oh how I
miss him so terribly.....my husband is just beating himself to death over
this and it was an accident.....poor Friz was so quick at times and I
guess my husband never saw him and when he got up from his recliner he
must have been under the back of the chair at the time and when he got up
and the chair reclined back because it was a rocker/recliner I guess it
came down and hit Friz and hit him on the back of his neck and crushed
his chest.....my husband and I aren't sure exactly what and how because I
was upstairs in bed I'm not feeling very well coming down with a cold and
he was downstairs watching TV because on top of all this I guess when it
rains it poors.....we just happen to have a dark cloud hanging over his
right now because my husband also lost his job back in Sept./03 for no
reason other than personal too long of a story to get into....him and
another co-worker but they are fighting it with their Union....anyway
this is not what I needed now and just before Christmas and possibly
about to loose our home and everything but anyway sorry to go on and on
but he got up to pick up our son from school for lunch and we figure this
is when it happened and sadly enough Friz never made any sound...even if
you accidentally stepped on his foot or tail like all our others do and
my husband is so upset that Friz never made a sound or anything but we
kinda think that he most likely died instantly.....I honestly hope that
even though it was a short time that he was with us but that he was
very happy.....when he learned how to bounce around and play with the
others he would every now and then chortle but that was the only time....
now before this gets much longer Sandee could you please see that our
precious babies Booger, Maxi and Maxine who are at Rainbow Bridge and
never knew Friz come and meet him and get to know him when he arrives....
he is coming with his early Christmas present a green mouse and a pink
chick and his rubber pliers.....the three of them will have to show him
around and make him feel very comfortable and at home......would you also
tell Friz how terribly sorry we are for what happened and his father
hopes that he can forgive him for what he did......all of us here
including his brothers and sisters he has left behind miss him very
much.....please let him know that he will always hold a special place
in our hearts and we will never forget him....we have some wonderful
memories that we will treasure and hold dear to our hearts forever.

Sending lots of love to you my precious little baby boy....
love from your Mom, Dad, Michael and your fuzzy brothers and sisters....
Star, Snowball, Buddy, Prince, Shark, Lady, Pepper, Bear and Princess who
came home with you back in August when we picked you up both you and her
became such good friends within a few hours.....so how could we not bring
her home with us.