From:
Fred & Donna Howerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 18:29:34 -0600
I have had to remove myself from the FML because I sometimes don't get to my
email for days & it builds up too much.  But I did want to say this: there
seems to be an awful lot of sick ferrets: diabetes, insulinoma, adrenal
insufficiency, diarrhea, etc.  My question is this: has anyone ever looked
at the possibility of raisins being the main culprit in these diseases?
They are very high in sugar & iron & because ferret owners love to "treat"
with these they could possibly being overdoing it and causing more harm than
good!  It's just a thought.  Maybe one of the vets would be able to answer
this.  Anyway, since I'm off the FML for now - please email me the vets
response.  I haven't given my ferret any raisins and she is delightfully
healthy at this time.  Also - the hairless tails?  I caught my ferret
chasing her tail the other day just like a dog - that could cause some loss
of hair I'm sure.  Thanks for listening & I'll be awaiting your reply.
Donna & Teddy Bear