Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:50:46 -0700
Hello everyone!  Jen, Sasha & Snowy again.... (DIFFERENT question this
time)

Hope y'all enjoyed a wonderful, pleasant Easter celebration with family,
friends, and fuzzies!  :-)

I've been noticing that my Snowy (5 yrs.  old) has been sleeping ALOT
more than normal latey and also doing these "deep sleep" kind of things
where it's almost impossible to wake him sometimes.  This is worrysome
for me because although Snowy's always been more of the sleeper/snuggler
of my two, he usually wakes up relatively easy once I pick him up.  In
fact, sometimes he wakes up so quickly that he won't stay in my arms for
more than a few moments before wanting to run.

I'm a bit concerned but also confused because this is the same kind of
behavior he exihibited exactly the same time last year and consequently
was eventually diagnosed with insulinoma last March.  After 6 months of
predisolone treatment, it was discovered that he had been misdiagnosed,
didn't actually have insulinoma, and was slowly weaned off the
medication.  He's been med free since last October and his glucose levels
are just fine now.  He's been a happy, bouncy, independent "handsome
little man" ever since.

It's only been within the past month that I've seen his sleeping patterns
noticeably change again(although I did recently upgrade their food to
Zupreem which is much better quality than their previous kibble).  He's
sometimes so limp when I try to move him and doesn't make any attempt to
wake up and get away - that's odd for him.  Lately, I've even stood in my
kitchen cooking while he's asleep, cradled in one of my arms, without him
stirring a bit!

Might this be 'normal' behavior due to a change in seasons / weather?
I'm just taking a stab here because it seems so odd that this increased
sleeping would occur at the same time last year ...

Just curious to know if anyone has noticed similar behavior patterns in
their own kiddos or if there might be a good explanation for this?  I'm
probably going to be taking the kiddos in for another 'routine' exam soon
and have some bloodwork done on them, even though they just had a clean
bill of health exam last month (no bloodwork) ....

THANKS SO MUCH, Jen and the dynamic duo  :-)