From:
Paul Jamison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:47:30 -0700
The Song of The Breeding Ferret
based on "The Boxer" by Paul Simon

I am just a poor hob though my story's seldom told.
He has squandered my existence for a pocketful of
profits, such is greediness,
All lies and jests, still the man feels what he wants
to feel and disregards the rest.
La la la...

When he took me from my family I was no more than a boy,
Put by this backyard breeder into the quiet of a tiny
cage and feeling scared,
Layin' low, suffering in awful quarters where his
breeding ferrets go,
To feel the neglect that nobody should know.

Lie la lie
Lie la lie lie lie la lie
Lie la lie
Lie la lie lie lie lie lie la la lie la lie

Asking for good food and shelter I come looking for
some love,
But I get no offers...just another day for servicing
some frightened jill.
I do declare, there are times when I'm so lonesome I
take some comfort there.
La la la...

Lie la lie
Lie la lie lie lie la lie
Lie la lie
Lie la lie lie lie lie lie la la lie la lie

Now I'm laying in my filthy cage and wishing for a
home,
Just a home...where this evil backyard breeder isn't
using me,
Using me...just a home.

In the doorway stands the breeder, but he'll torment
us no more,
As the rescuers have come for us, and the policeman
with the warrant.
And he stands there and he cries out, in his anger and
his pain,
"It's my property! My property!" but they take us all
away

Lie la lie
Lie la lie lie lie la lie
Lie la lie
Lie la lie lie lie lie lie la la lie la lie

Paul E. Jamison