From:
Gail Elsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:56:58 -0400
Usually, it is the ferrets climbing the ig cages or the cats.  However,
my big 23 lb male Igsley was looking for his love of his life ("where you
been Meri Love?" he asks) and decided to climb the Minions of Darkness
cage.

Well, the babies (Draak and Arial) didn't know what to think.  Bear stood
up for them and was hissing and dooking at "Godzilla."

This is a tall "Martin's" type 5 level cage.  Just at 6 feet.  I am
laughing hysterically because I have a carrier and stuff piled on top.
I swear that it is a scene form Godzilla.  Especially with the abby
jumping in the air trying to get the tail...

So the story goes:

Bear "Godzilla has breached security and is climbing the side of the
high-rise.  Repeat, Godzilla has broken out of the holding pen.  He is
1/2 way up the Empire State Building."

Minxie "Get ready boys! You must save me! (High pitched squeal)
EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW! He TONGUED me! EWWW EWWW EWWW EWWW!"

(Minxie runs hysterically up and down the staris trying to get ig saliva
from her fur)

Gimli and Gloin "Sir, the mortar team is ready."

Bear "Fire at will!"

Gloin "Who's Will?  Gimli is there a new ferret named Will?  I am
confuzzled."

Gimli "Dig man, dig!  If we miss now, we have to fire from the clean
litter box.  It is not as effective!"

(Litter and poop fly furiously in response to the mortar team's efforts"

Gimli "Captain Bear, sir, it's no good.  He is immune to poop.  My god,
have you smelled the holding pen?"

Bear "OK, retreat gentlemen.  I am calling in the nuclear war heads.
RETREAT!  RETREAT!  This is about to become a hot zone!"

Bear (calling over two young hot shot pilots) "Ok youngsters.  It is up
to you.  Get in there, fire the missles, and get out!  I am not sharing
a bunk with radioactive pilots!  Don't let it touch you!"

Draak and Arial (snappping  to attention) "YES SIR!"

THey start the long trip up and up and up

Arial "Yo, Bro! I have never done this before..."

Draak "It is easy sis, just aim carefully and fire.  make sure you
see the whites--do they have white?--of the eyes.  Aim for the pupil!
Remember, we are doing this to save our Lady Minxie Luv's honor.  She
was slimed...."

Arial "Oh, O..K"

Draak "Get Ready! Here he comes!"

They turn in unison, raise the missle launchers, and fire an enourmous,
double barreled...POOF!"

They run laughing down the stairs heheheheing and dooking...

Arial "Did ya see the tongue?  HE tasted it!  He was shaking!"

Bear "Good job youngsters!  The monster is gone.  Although I heard mommy,
uh, I mean the President, muttering soemthng about how it is illegal to
poof on exotic species.  We will have a meeting about this later.  Go
far away and get cleaned up.  You need a....reward, yeah, thats it."

Bear (muttering) "Stoopid stinky rotten brats. They got my hammock"

"Help the Helpless"
Exotic rescue, rehab and placement
http://www.scalesandtails.org
Reptiles and ferrets...we need your help!