From:
Andrea King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:42:34 -0500
I have discovered a wonderful product to help fight ferret and cat odors.
It's called Gonzo Pet Odor Eliminator.  It comes in a mesh bag that you
leave intact and place near litter boxes or other sources of offensive
odors.  [ It's made of volcanic minerals in the net and this is the way
they say it works: the volcanic minerals have a negative charge.  the odors
have a positive charge.  the volcanic minerals act like a magnet to attract
and hold the unpleasant odors.]

I don't know if this is really what happens, but I do know it has made a
HUGE improvement in the ferrety atmosphere at my house.  I put the bag on
the floor by the litter box between the cage and the wall.  I try to
remember to put it on top of the cage when my guys are out, but sometimes
I forget.  To my knowlege, they haven't messed with it (it's non-toxic).
This thing is supposed to last for YEARS!  Every 8 mos or so, you leave
the net bag outdoors in the direct sunlight for 6 hrs and it restores the
effectiveness of the volcanic mineral.  I also put one on top of the water
heater in the laundry room (home of 2 cat litter boxes).  One bag is
effective in a room of up to 20 x 30 ft.  I bought mine at the WestPoint
Stevens Outlet in Burlington and they were about $8 each.  They do have a
web page though, www.gonzocorp.com, and you can order it from them, but it
is more expensive.

*I promise I'm not selling these myself or getting any kick-backs.  I am
just so delighted with them I wanted to share it with other folks who deal
with the same problem from these naturally odiferous sweeties!

Enjoying sweeter air,
Ande King