From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:27:59 -0500
>Clint's hair loss is on his belly and right side, behind the right ear,
>between the "shoulder blades", and on his toes.  His tail is fine,
>especially the base!  He does present with other symptoms I've mentioned
>before - sexual behavior towards Sophie, ferret #3 in the pecking order,
>some lethargy, frequent urination and not much urine each time (urine
>has been checked for stones - negative).

FWIW, all three of my adrenal ferrets (all boys - including Beuhler, rest
his little soul) lost fur in the shoulder area, the belly, and the tops of
their toes - especially on the back feet.  Only one lost the fur on his
tail (almost all of it), and none lost much fur at the bases of their
tails, although two of their coats got a bit thin all over.  All three had
urinary difficulties to varying degrees, and all three got aggressive
toward their buddies.

My friend's little albino girl lost all the fur on her rump, most of her
tail fur, and her entire coat got very thin.  It made me wonder if gender
has an influence on the adrenal hair loss pattern...

Nancy and critters