From:
Kristina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:36:54 -0800
Hey everyone,

Never posted before but thought I would bring something up.  I may have
to move to Hawaii.  My Husband is in Aviation and if you know anything
about that it is very unstable.  We haven't stayed anywhere for more than
a year.  Well I have a ferret and I checked into it of course.  I was
willing to do special licencing ect.  But in Hawaii the ONLY reason they
will let a ferret go there is for medical research.  One of the other
reasons besides the fragile birds is Rabies.  Hawaii does not have rabies
and they are determined to keep it that way.  Well Hawaii does not feel
that the rabies vaccines speciffically for Ferrets has been proven
effective for a long enough period.  See I am taking my cat, I had to
have a Rabies titer done and well as had her vaccinated with a approved
rabies vaccination i.e it had to have been on the market more than 7
years.  There is all kinds of paper work.

Back to my ferret I do love the little guy but I agree Hawaii has to be
really carefull with what goes over there.  The Mongose was taken over
there a long time ago and Hawaii has had nothing but trouble with them,
it severly damaged the enviroment there.

Kristina and Rickey