From:
Little Dudes Ferret Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 22:30:15 -0800
Has anyone ever used them? At first I thought it was too good to be
true but after 4 days and 30 ferrets peeing in 9 dog size litterboxes -
the outside layer is bone dry with absolutely no leakage and very
little smell. The litterpans are completely dry. I washed all the pads
today after 30 ferrets had been peeing every 3 hours for the past 4
days and put them in the dryer and they look as if I just took them out
of the box brand new. The ferrets also like them because they don't
slip and slide, no pellets to hurt their feet and the pad is dry every
time they pee on it. I have a shelter full of geriatrics that are not
caged so this is working very well for them - and me. After the initial
cost, there is no more litter to buy, no more used litter to haul away,
no lifting and no dump fees. The pads are reusable and I anticipate
doing laundry twice a week. Once I was able to buy the pads, the only
cost I will have is a case of paper towels a month. That's about $10 a
month in place of $100/mo for wood pellets and that doesn't include
dump fees. I use a paper towel sheet to catch the poop and then replace
the paper towel. Each time I replace the paper towel, the pad is
completely free of any sediment and the urine instantly soaks into the
top layer leaving it dry. The ferrets feel like they are using a clean
box every time.

This may not work for everyone and I won't say the transition was easy
but it was well worth the time and effort when you consider I am now
saving over $1,000 a year in wood pellets and another $500 to haul
them away. I hope some of you find this useful and that you will also
benefit by using these pads.

To read more about them, you can go to www.pishpad.com. I am no way
affiliated with them, I just stumbled across their website by accident
while looking for wee wee pads.

Terri