From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:17:47 +0100
Some of you may remember that in early May I posted some blood results from
my hobble Fritz.

Fritz has been suffering from alopecia for around 18 months, today I
noticed that Fritz now is showing signs of regrowing fur on his belly and
back, plus he has some fine wisps of hair growing on his tail.

About a week ago I noticed that Fritz looked a bit swollen around his anal
area.  I made an appointment for him with my vet.  Julie, my vet, donned a
pair of gloves and got a wad of tissues and was going to empty Fritz's anal
sacs in the surgery.  Julie had no idea of what it would be like!  I
suggested that it might be advisable to go into the back yard.  Julie's
only comment was, "I think I should have used two pairs of gloves!" but
she was glad she'd taken my advice and carried out the procedure in the
open air.

I'm now wondering if the impacted anal glands had anything to do with the
alopecia.

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare.
Membership Secretary & Editor of The National Ferret Welfare Society.
Web Site: www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm  last update 13 June 1999
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge: Jill, Deanna Troy, Cameron, Carnath, Button,
Bill, Bobby, Jasper, Inga & Holly