From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:10:38 -0400
Danielle wrote:
>I have learned from the police not to trust anyone online.  Then when I see
>that someone was actually posing as Sukie, I really sit up and take note.
>The FML is not immune from malicious people.  There are some out there that
>seem to get a thrill through using their computer savvy.  According to my
>sources, regulation will happen but it is taking forever to get it passed.
>Isn't it sad that so much crime, hacking and fraud takes place over the
>Internet to the point of it having to be regulated?

Have a bit of fever so wil try to check this and reduce typos.

Well, the couple (differnet one than the one I HOPE that you won't fight
with this time around) who attached my name to an "article" that i didn't
write did participate in an illegal action and did act maliciously at
that time.

Th eperson who has posed as me on some lists over many years (never on the
FML) and in some private mails doesn't sem to be purposefully malicious.
The individual did hurt someone I like and respect recently which is very
bad, but usually the person tries hard to be very nice.  An research
internet psychologist thinks it is some exceedingly quiet soul who feels
brave enough to say things only by doing this, someone who may ohterwise
never be heard from.  I think that instead of making up a false and
idealized concept of my life and confusing people, the person could be
just as well suited by inventing her or his own alternative personna with
a made-up name and use that -- like acting in a character during a play.
If it is not based on anyone (or maybe on admired characteristics of
several people combined) and no one's real name is used then everyone is
better served.  Heck, choosing a very common name would eliminate some of
that risk and probably serve you well.

I hope that the person sees this and thnks about it; I know that the
person probably didn't mean to hurt anyone, but those actions did though
accidently, so please, consider this alternative.  Okay?  Please?  I'm not
angry, but I really have too complicated a life and too many pressures
right now to also deal with impersonation confusion.  I'd consider not
using my name any more a gift to me and would appreciate it.  From what
people have said of you anonymous person you are a very kind soul almost
always (and no one is perfect), so I thnk that if you try this it could
be very good for everyone, not just me and not just you.

Please, don't be angry with this person, Danielle, or anyone else.  I
amnot and if I am not then others should not be.

may we drop the subject now, please?