From:
Judy & Gary Skinner Western Carolina Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:14:48 -0500
Hi.

I am writing this post to ask everyone to pray for the family and Friends
of Dale Earnhardt.  As some of you Know, Dale was a member of my cousins
(Mike Skinner #31) Race team, Richard Childress Racing.  We are all deeply
saddened by this tragic accident.  Also the Joe Gibbs Race team suffered a
tragic accident to Tony Stewart.  The team Coordinator for Joe Gibbs Racing
has always been kind enough to send out donations to our raffle table at
past shows we have had.  They always seem to be there for us, and to help
support us.  I am asking everyone not for help or donations, but just to
give a few moments to pray for the loved ones of these race car drivers.
I know that they will be comforted, if we all pray for them.

I also want to mention that we have mad a couple changes to the show we are
planning on May 26-27th here in Lenoir, NC.

1st we are going to hand the trophies and ribbons to all the winners of
Saturdays championship rings on Saturday.  We will acknowledge all the
winners Sunday at the banquet.  If you place in any of the rings Saturday,
and want to be recognized Sunday at the banquet, please let us know and
we will arrange it for you.  We will have pictures for all winners of the
Championship, and Specialties taken, and will offer you a 8x10 framed
picture of you and your ferret being presented the ribbon or trophy.  There
will be a charge, but at this time we don't have the amount figured out.

2nd. The championship rings this year will be as follows
Adolescent
Early Alter
Late Alter
Breeder
Senior Classic

We would like everyone who is planning on attending the Banquet on Sunday
to PLEASE RSVP so we can get a count of people who will be eating.  This is
a FREE Dinner Banquet.  You can RSVP us at the Ferret Show Web Site at
http://www.ferrethut.com
all the information on this show will be posted there along with a Ferret
Entry Page, Vendor entry page, and a Sponsor page.  I will have the
Sponsorship page up this week to ensure you of your Choice of Ring
Sponsorship.  I will update it daily or when I receive a sponsorship post.
The rings available along with the sponsors for the rings will be posted
on this page.  It will be a first come first serve basis.

One last thing.  this doesn't have anything to do with ferrets But we are
trying to help a local dog that was taken into my work last week.  The
first owner was arrested for animal abuse and fined $900.00.  But the dog
has the following problems going on she has both her hind legs broken and
her hips are shattered she also has a wire in her stomach from eating what
she could from under the house she was chained to for several weeks.  She
is a full blooded Great Dane and is suppose to weight about 100 lb.  she
doesn't even weight 50 lb.  right now.  She will need allot of surgeries
to fix her hips and legs and more than likely one to remove the wire.
Please if you can take a look and see what you are able to help with.  She
is eating Science diet puppy growth food and getting Pet cal tablets and
also Nutrical.  Supplies as well as money is needed to help her.  We will
be keeping the web page updated on her progress.  Donations can be sent to
the shelter and will be taken to her and money donations can be made out to
WCFS memo Abused Dog case.  The Pictures can be seen at www.ferrethut.com

Well thank you for your time, and we hope to see you at the show!!

Judy & Gary Skinner
Western Carolina Ferret Shelter
3219 Oran Yount Ln
Granite Falls, NC 28630