From:
Julie Rathsack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:47:38 -0500
Hey FMLers!  Two things today!

For about the past month, Koz has been wheezing in her sleep.  Not a
congested kind of wheeze, more of a high-pitched noise.  She has been
acting perfectly normal and seems healthy.  Well, being the paranoid mommy
that I am, I called our vet, who specialized in ferrets.  I was informed
that with ferrets a year or older, this is perfectly normal.  She said as
long as Koz seems healthy and doesn't seem congested or having problems
breathing, not to worry.  We basically have a ferret who snores! :o)

Also, just an idea that has turned out great!  I'm sure many out there have
already done this, but I would never have thought of it.

It seemed that after our three ferrets reached full size, only two would
sleep in the upper bed, and the other would either lay on the shelf next to
the bed or go to the downstairs bed.  Odd thing is, it was never the same
ferret.  Just whoever reached the bed last!

Well, my husband decided to break out his handy dandy sewing machine (don't
ask!  ha!) and took out two brand new beds.  He then preceded to overlap
and hem them together on both sides.  This made one huge bed twice the size
as as a regular bed.  We then put it into the upper part of our three-story
cage.  It took awhile to fit it in well because we were hooking up eight
clasps to the cage instead of the original four.  But it worked
beautifully!

All three ferrets now sleep together in one bed.  No longer does one of the
babies get stuck sleeping on a cold shelf, just so it can be next to its
buddies!

Once again I bid farewell ferret friends!

Julie and her Bubbas!

Stop by and see my webpage!
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Park/2037/BubbaLand.html
We just added our ferrets' and dog's picture with SANTA CLAUS!  :o)