Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:45:23 +0000
I would like to reiterate what another ferret owner posted yesterday:
Kits from Marshall Farms have only had one distemper shot and they still
MUST HAVE two more.  In my experience, however, because there have been
reports of other breeders using the same or similar ear tattoos as Marshall
Farms, I do not assume that pet store kits have had ANY vaccines.  That's
why my ferrets always get three distemper shots -- I'd rather be safe than
sorry -- followed at the appropriate age by a rabies shot.

In fact, given the propensity toward human error (including my own), I
would probably take ferret kits to the vet for three distemper shots even
if I bought them from a reputable breeder.  It isn't worth the risk to me
to save $15 or $20.

Linda