Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2008 01:28:31 -0400
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! To all of you who responded to the
request for help from the National Ferret Rescue site and F.E.R.R.E.T.
The database that was compiled allowed board members to call you
specifically for assistance. A huge thank you to TOTALLY FERRET and
FERRET DEPOT for stepping up as corporate donors to this cause. And,
thank you to the individuals who have donated money, bedding, litter
and food to help Vicki.

The bedding, food and other items needed are either already there or
on their way to the Texas foster homes housing Tricks or Treats Ferret
Shelter. Local ferret owners and groups stepped up to the plate to
deliver items to fill the void until shipments arrive. Those who live
farther away have sent - or are sending now - bedding, money for litter
and other items to assist in the care of the ferrets while the shelter
is rebuilt. Right now there is enough for the short term. Updates on
the needs of the shelter will be provided periodically. I am certain
that Vickie will also post when she is able to do so.

If you have not already signed up at the National Ferret Rescue, please
sign up for the data base.
<http://www.nationalferretrescue.org/member/join.html>
If you have supplies or bedding or a place to foster ferrets or a place
for the family to stay, that is great! Nothing is too little or too
big! This information is used to help create regional lists and will
be used by groups such as the AFA, FAA, F.E.R.R.E.T., IFC and SOS to
get help to people faster and make the best use of the resources of
the ferret community. Updates are available on the NFR webpage
<http//www.nationalferretrescue.org>

If you want training to be able to deploy with rescue groups, training
information is available and updated through the F.E.R.R.E.T. list. We
also provide information about sheltering in place and helping you
prepare for potential hazards in your area.

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we destroy