From:
Jennifer McClanahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 15:07:04 EDT
Hi everyone.  I have been reading where some people have been asking about
solving biting problems.  I know many of you out there have different
methods that you use, but, one thing that has worked for me with our bad
biter (Wolfie) was giving kisses.  That's right, kisses.  When we had
first gotten Wolfie, he was a big baddie...well, o.k., a little baddie,
but the bad was big.  He had drew blood from me many times.  But, i knew
it would be a matter of finding the right thing that would work with him.
We tried the scruffing and dragging on the floor, but it didnt work.  We
tried just about everything.  Then finally one day, he had bit me very
hard, so, i scruffed him, and kissed the tip of his nose.  And would
sweetly say, no bite.  I never yelled at him, or got violent with him.
I just used some reverse psychology, and it seemed to work.  With in 3
days, he was out of his biting habit, and now only gently nibbles on the
tips of your toes when wearing socks.  So, sometimes it really pays with
kisses.  I hope this may help someone else out there who has a little one
like my Wolfie use to be.  Now he's just a big cuddle bug.

Jennifer
http://www.geocities.com/beadeddrum/CuddleyCritters.html (to see Wolfie's
story, just check out the page on DireWolf.)