From:
"Jeffery J. Hayward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 19:38:39 -0600
Well, after building a 4 story 96 sq foot cage, complete with ramps, tunnels
and multiple play areas, I decided it was time to get our long time fuzzy
friend Cody, a playmate.  Cody is a Male Cinammon and has been with us four
years.

We purchased Samantha, (Sami), a gorgeous six month old female Albino that
broke our hearts when we saw her today.  She is a little beauty.

Unfortunately, although they are spayed/neutered, it appears that Cody has
become a bit territorial.  I had hoped the brand new cage would help, but
apparently he is already king of the hill.  :)

I'm afraid to leave them alone.  Cody bites and chases Sami all over.  I'm
unaccustomed to the rough-housing we witnessed today at the Pet store.  Cody
has not broken the skin, or even caused Sami to yelp, but she runs to get
away from him, and his behavior is extremely aggressive.  Sami keeps trying
to escape the cage to get away from Cody.

I feel sorriest right now for Sami.  I have integrated her into an
unfriendly environment, when she is used to being with many many ferrets and
appeared to enjoy their company.  I knew this would not be the easiest
thing, but Sami was used to cuddling up with all her other fuzzy friends,
and now they both curl up alone on different levels of their new home.

My questions are...is there anyway I can make this transition easier on both
of my fuzzies, and is Sami at any danger from Cody's rough play?  Cody was
biting her pretty hard on the back of her neck, so I placed a tiny amount of
Bitter Apple on her fur at the very back of her neck.  It appeared to set
him back a little bit but not to stop the fighting.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
 Jeff