From:
Syssi Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 13:59:53 PDT
I am pretty new to this whole ferret thing..  I have never wrote here
before.  I wanted to say that I love this letter, and read it everyday..
It has helped with a lot of small problems..  When I got my ferret,Breanna,
The pet store told me nothing about her..  I did not even know that she was
female..  I found out later on my own, by calling a vet.. I don't know what
dooking is, but my ferret has taught me the war dance.. which is really
cute.

My questions is..  I have heard people talk about introducing baby ferrets
to the group, but how do you introduce an older ferret to a baby ferret??
I had the baby first, then rescued an older ferret (a few days ago) from a
lady that has had the ferret for a while, but did not know how old he was..
She told me nothing about ever giving him his shots and she did not know
that he was male..  She said that he was full grown when she got him..  She
fed him dog food and I don't think that he had ever been out of his cage..
The cage doors are too small for him to get out of..  (I am buying a new
cage today)..  I put him with Breanna on the floor and he grabbed her neck
and started shaking her around..  I had never heard her scream like that,
and then I pulled them apart..  She began to hiss..  I had never heard that
either..  She is a wonderful little ferret..  And very good natured, so it
was odd to see her mad..  I am taking him to the vet on Monday to see how
old he is and to get his shots..  (I think that he has ear mites, because
he sratches all of the time..) She had never fed him treats, but said that
he liked beer..  I am so glad that I have him now..  But I don't want him
to hurt Breanna..  He bit blood from me and my brother..  ( I think that I
can break him from that,Bre learned fast) I don't know how to put him with
Breanna..  Is it different when you are putting an older ferret with a
younger one..  Please help...

Thank you in Advance..

Syssi
Breanna (sable)