From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:05:43 -0500
Steve and I are two old farts (47 and almost 49 -- mid-Dec. -- now
respectively; he's the good looking one) who have had ferrets for more
years than we recall (almost 17?, 18?, almost 19?) and who didn't actually
"find" the FML; we've been here non-stop since the beginning and helped
in the early discussions of the design before it existed.  We have had a
number of these lovable furballs over the years and currently are blessed
by Meeteetse (7) who was an abuse victim before we got her, Warp (5) who
was an abuse victim before coming home with us, Jumpstart (3) who as a kit
joined our household as a jumpstart for Meltdown during a slump time in her
cardiomyopathy (and believe me that we were very careful about his health
beforehand), Ashling (2, and normal for such a sweet brat) and Scooter (2,
who came here with a mangled paw from a novice mother who groomed off a lot
of it and has had two surgeries), and Glueball (1) who was a mild abuse
victim and came here from our absolutely favorite shelter here in Central
New Jersey.  BTW, if anyone winds up needing it -- on the side I do the
scud work for the Mysterious Illnesses Vets' List, so write me if something
strange happens and your vet wants help and I'll send the rules the member
vets have devised.