From:
Susan Downey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 15:36:05 +0000
Hey all,

I have not written in a while.  Last time was about my 3 ferrets and a tent.
Well as ferret math goes what is 4 or even 5 ferrets for that matter.  So
now we are up to 5.  The 'Plan' was to get married (did that), get 3 ferrets
(did that), and live happily ever after.  Well we were happy and now we are
2 more happy.  Izzy, Hugo and Taos are all doing great.  Hugo has decided
that the kitchen ( which is OFF limits) is great place to be.  He will jump
over the fence we have in the door way (What fence, says Hugo).  We will
chase him around and around making loud noise to convince him that the
kitchen is really a scary place.  The move him back to the ferret zone.  Off
he goes as fast as he can to hide.  15- 30 min later guess what...

But let me introduce my 2 new boys.  Sammie a 3 lb.  fluffy snuggly kissy
lovely boy.  (that should make you jealous).  His job in life is to show
every one how wonderful ferrets are.  But he is not below sneak attacking
you .  Jumping onto your shin or calf and holding on as you go by.  Then
there is Elbert.  He is named after Mt Elbert, the tallest mountain here in
Colorado.  (14,433ft) That is how big we want him to grow.  He was given to
Ferrets Etc., the Colorado shelter all skin and bones.  He was missing
bunches of hair too.  It was determined to be malnutrition rather than
adrenal.  Poor guy was so weak he could not get up the stairs with out
falling.  Well 3 months later.  He has gained 1 pound!, and grown all his
hair back.  Last week he even got a fuzzy tail.  This is the first time he
has had enough hair to do that.  Poor guy, When we saw his tail all fuzzy,
we picked him up and kissed and hugged (Put Me DOWN, Says Elbert)

Well as if 5 were not enough.  We are going to be fuzzy sitting 3 more more
until the end of the month.  EIGHT.  Ahhhhhh.  What are we thinking???  Oh
boy!  I will fill you on the score.  I am guessing they will win.

Take Care,
Sue -  But 8 can't be that bad, they are so cute
Taos - Gotta RUN, Gotta PLAY, GOTTA GOOOO!
Izzy - I am queen, so just give me a treat NOW
Hugo - Maybe I can get to the kitchen via the table? JUMP
Sammie - I will just sit on Taos `till she stops biting me
Elbert  - Dang it, these slippers go in the bathroom. Not in the shoe closet!
and Carlos (the husband) What did I marry into?

Susan Downey
ACS/Ball Aerospace
(303)939-4686

"What do they think I am, an engineer?"