From:
Steven M Haag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 06:34:11 -0600
>From:    Megan <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: question to owners of Martins' cages
>... How well do they do, re: clean-up, specifically the bottom floor?
>I've been to that website and noted they have "set-in" and pull-drawer
>bottoms, which seem to work better???

I bought a Martin cage (without the tray) in December, and love it.  There
is no gutter in the plastic bottom, and it's very easy to clean.  At first
I didn't like the idea of not having a floor in the bottom, and so called
to ask about getting a wire bottom for the cage.  The owner, Skip Martin
answered the phone.  He was very helpful, and said the bottom would be $10
+ shipping.  But, having used the cage as it is, I now prefer it without
the wire floor.  It's very easy to lift the cage out of the base, change
the towels, and clean the plastic bottom with a paper towel.  Fortunately,
my ferrets are older and don't make quite as much of a mess as they used
to.  Also, my floor is hardwood, so I don't have the problem some people
mentioned with setting the wire part of the cage on a clean carpet.

Steve Haag
Felisa, Isabel, Toqo el Tigre, Prietito