From:
Matthew Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:39:53 -0700
Dear Collective,

It is with a heavy heart that I sit here trying to decide what course of
action with my little Sherlock (a five year old Marshall Farms ferret).
This evening my vet informed me that he is very concerned and believes
after receiving Sherlock's pathology report that he most likely has
Lymphoma.  Our little one suddenly lost a great deal of weight, literally
over a couple of days.  He has become extremely weak and will only eat if
I syringe feed him.  He'll take about 4-5 cc-s of Bob Church's chicken
gravy at a time, but then lies exhausted from the effort of just eating
and drinking.  When he walks he loses his balance and will often fall
over.  He has a hard time breathing.  While waiting for the pathology
report, he has been put on prednisone to help with his breathing.  Dr.
Bock also took quite of fluid off his chest.

We are told that with aggressive treatment, he has about a 20% chance of
having enough of a recovery to have a decent quality of life.

Does anyone else out there have experience to share?

All the best,
Matthew in CO (sad sad sad)