From:
Judy Gronwold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 00:15:11 EST
In the past, I've read about several people who have been compiling lists
of ferret knowledgeable vets...vets they use and know are good.  I would
appreciate links to those sites or the URLs.  I have a friend that needs to
find a good vet in her area.  Feel free to e-mail me direct.

I wanted to put my 2 cents in for the "FML Man of the Year".  While I agree
that Dr. Weiss has done some incredibly great things for ferrets...
especially those with adrenal problems, my vote would have to go to Bob C.
Bob researched a healthier diet for his ferrets and was generous enough to
share what he learned with anyone who was interested.  His recipe for
chicken gravy was given freely...without any gain for himself...simply
because he loves ferrets and wants to see all of them healthier.  A lot of
people who have come up with "neat" things for ferrets are selling those
things.  I'm not putting them down...many shelters have to make money
somehow and some people are in business, but I don't know of anyone else
who has come up with something every single ferret owned person can make
use of to benefit every single ferret, and has never asked a penny for
sharing that knowledge.  I personally know many, many people whose ferrets'
health and lives have greatly improved due to Bob's generosity.  I just
don't believe you find that very often.  I, as well as many others, owe a
huge debt of gratitude to Bob C.  While Dr. Weiss is working very hard on
developing new surgical techniques to treat our sick fur kids, Bob is
trying to prevent them from getting so sick in the first place.  While I
know he hasn't been able to do that yet, I'm sure there are a lot of
ferrets that *may* not get insulinoma or adrenal tumors because of him.
There are scores of others whose "quality of life" has improved
dramatically, and some that would not be alive now if it weren't for Bob.
To be able to have this kind of effect...without surgery or
medication...and to ask no recompense for it...is nothing short of
miraculous, (not to mention saintly) at least in my opinion.  So, Bob
C....here's to you!  You are without a doubt, *my* man of the year.

Judy