From:
sheena staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:39:15 -0800
>From:    Philip Langley <[log in to unmask]>

>Now to my strange request ... we have a farmer who comes into the Ferret
>Centre quite often.  He tells us he has forty ferrets and has been feeding
>them bread and milk and liver, as have his father and his father before him.

>... my farmer will see that most of the rest of the world know that ferrets
>are carnivores and should eat a carnivore's diet!

Bob Church did an FML post about why ferrets are carnivores.  Might be a
little too involved for your odd ferret keeping friend, but it was a really
well done article.  We used it in our last newletter, we liked it so much.
I cannot recall what issue it was in, but maybe the almighty BIG can???

Sheena
Wherret Ferrets Halfway House and Ferretry
Ferret Association of Greater Vancouver

[Moderator's note: Bob's note was in issue 1521, though there are similar
(but not as comprehensive, of course!) posts in many other issues too.  BIG]