From:
Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1993 23:32:13 -0500
Just a short note to let everyone know what's going on.  As I've remarked
on before, the cost of supporting the mailing list had started reaching
insupportable levels.  I've been conversing with Bill Gruber, and it
appears that we will be able to use his LISTSERV to do the FML
subscriber list exploding.  Which would effectively make the FML
zero cost to us.  Everything would operate as before, *except* that
the mechanics of distributing an issue would change from my machine
doing the list explode, to me sending one message to Bill's
LISTSERV, and it doing the list explode.  Hopefully each issue
will arrive in the same (or better ;-) timely basis, with the same
headers, EXCEPT that the LISTSERV will be the one actually sending it
to you.

What does this mean?  Well, over the next couple of issues I will
be debugging some helper software, cutting a few people's
subscriptions over to the LISTSERV and running both mechanisms
simultaneously.  You shouldn't get two copies of an article.  If
you do, or you go for more than three days without an issue,
email me ASAP.

thanks,

Chris