Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 06:59:04 -0700
Alexandra :o)

Ping & Puma just sound like a riot-you do such a wonderful job of
describing their personalities & I always enjoy reading what you write
about them whether it be on the FML or in FERRETS Magazine. Just wanted
to let you know.

Ardith :o) :o(

I'm truly sorry for your loss. I know the pain of losing a furry child,
as I'm sure many here do, too. Keep your chin up & hang in there. The
pain will ease, though it never goes away completely.

RE:  Pet Supplies +

I was in my local Pet Supplies Plus (don't know if I'm supposed to say
where, but it's in Ohio) & there were a lot of flies in the ferret
area. The ferrets were sleeping, which I know they do a lot, but they
just didn't look healthy. Now, I'm a fanatic with getting my ferrets
their shots, providing enrichment & play-time, & running to my vet if
they look @ me the wrong way, & I also know I can't "save them all",
but it just saddened me to see them looking depressed & un-fulfilled.
All animals are precious to me, but as us "ferret people" know, the
ferrets hold a special place in our hearts. I've been debating calling
or e mailing corporate b/c I did that in my local Petco & it seemed to
help. The ferrets are in pretty good condition there now. I think I
will do that, but I don't know if I'd go so far as to boycott the
store. I guess it would depend on whether they remedied the situation
or not. Those of us who choose to boycott or not are doing so for our
own personal reasons & let's not start a fight :o)

Lastly, I need to find one of those Wal-mart hammock things-I recently
put a huge exercise pen in my basement with tons of toys, a rice box,
nesting boxes, etc. for my babies to play in. I used to let them
free-roam, but with my other pets & other dangers, I now put them in a
play area where I can keep my eye on them. It seems that no matter how
hard I tried to ferret proof, they still managed to find
something-luckily it was never deadly. Anyway, the Wal-mart thing
sounds cool & ANNE, your idea with the flannel sheet is a good one !!

have a great day everyone !!

sorry so long :o)

becky, 18 ferrets, 3 pugs, 1 giant schnauzer who's completely separate
from the ferrets (in case anyone wondered) & my cat, Lovebug