From:
dolphinshelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 04:48:39 -0600
I would like to send thank you's to all of you for sending us cards or just
taking the time to drop a line, we do miss rusty alot, but its getting
easier knowing he is with other ferrets at the bridge playing.

The other day my friend and i rescued a dog that was at a local store
hiding under a shed, he is so cute, we brought him over to the local
shelter to ask when they were gonna do there monthly shot thing they do its
like 20 dollars for shots, anyway i figured while i was there i would ask
if they had any ferrets, the lady said no they had two girls a couple of
days ago, depressed i figured i would go coddle the puppy's in the puppy
room, i walked in and didnt see any puppy's but a small black nose peeking
up through the news paper, now u have to understand in the back of my mind
im thinking what the hell is that lol..  he poked out his lil ferret head
and looked right at me OMG its a ferret, i went back to the desk and said
you do to have a ferret let me seeee let me seeee.  I took him out of the
cage he is beautiful dark sable boy three tatoos in his ear smells great,
nails clipped, ears clean and fat to boot.  I asked how much the lady said
15 dollars i said sold lol, he was dropped off only the night before, the
shelter feed him cat food because they didnt have any ferret food grrrr but
they did get some in, one of the shelter people was afraid of him said the
word i hate the most rodent, well there i went explaining there not rodents
not related or even look like a rodent anyway after about 45min she was
holding him and petting him and was abit more educated about ferrets.  I
brought him home and told my husband he was a father again lol he fell in
love named him bandit.  my sister in law kinda holds him but puts him down
right away she is still hurting and will do so for along time, she really
misses rusty and doesnt handle death as well as we do, working in a nursing
home for so long you tend to get used to it, it hurts alot but its apart of
life.

shelley and danny

ferrah the flying ferret
chole the mommy ferret
tomie the big baby ferret
bandit the new ferret
rusty finally healthy and playing at the rainbow bridge, waiting for us.