From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 21:56:40 -0700
It was like Christmas here at the West Michigan Ferret Connection.
Thank You to the Crafty Weasel sewing group for the wonderful
bedding .... perfect size, too, for the Midwest Cages. My wonderful
volunteer/friend/"daughter I never had" was advised that a package was
coming. I told her that when to expect a package and when it came, she
could open it. If I hadn't, I would have gotten a phone call at work
asking if she could open it. She's worse than I am at not knowing
what's inside anything. Nice, big roomy hammies and sleepsacks were
laying on my dining room table when I got home tonite.

Thank you Ann, Florence and everyone else. Very thoughtful. Very
considerate. Very much appreciated.

On a side note, I'm going to cross the species tomorrow and I'm having
a little anxiety over a new addition coming in tomorrow.

I'm going to be taking in a 10-month old, red, male cocker spaniel
named Copper. He's had a rotten start to his life so I've broken my
mantra that I'll never have another dog again after having ferrets. I'm
hoping he fits in with Master Indy. I'm not so worried about Buddha &
Cocoa. I have a lot of apprehension after what happened with Beta, the
Maine Coon cat I had hoped would last longer than 11 months. Seeing a
35 pound cat dead on the floor in front of my entertainment center is
not a memory I cherish.

It's been a long time since I've had a dog .... my Norwegian Elkhound,
Kelly, crossed in 1988 at the age of 16. After having ferrets only for
over 10 years, I'm not sure what to do with a dog. What kind of food?
What kind of collar/harness? He has a kennel ..... I never kenneled a
dog? When did that start? Anyone have any advice? Kelly had a choker
chain collar. People don't use those anymore? Oh, geez, maybe this
isn't such a good idea. He is a purebred cocker spaniel and will be
registered ASAP. I'll need to set him up for obedience classes I
imagine. Good grief. I never did that with Kelly.

Dee Gage
owner/operator, West Michigan Ferret Connection
co-founder, Midwest Ferret Fellowship
member, State of Michigan Dept of Agriculture Companion Animal
Advisory Committee